Monday, November 11, 2013

Clearly Awesome Ornaments

Sometimes I think that an empty, clear ornament can be as daunting as a blank white page. It seems like there are a lot of people who are at a loss as to how exactly to decorate an ornament, often because there are so many options to choose from, or because making an ornament can seem way too complicated. The funny thing is that my most favorite ornaments I've made this season are also the simplest and easiest ones I've ever done. Check it out:


Here's a super cute, whimsical ornament decorated simply by scribbling polka-dots onto it using a DecoColor pen. I absolutely love this fun ornament.



The next ornament is a bit classier, but definitely not any harder to make. I used a copper metallic marker from Letraset to swirl it out, and I didn't even bother trying to make the swirls evenly spaced or the same size.



And last, here is a sparkly, wintry ornament made by covering the inside of the ball with Glitter-It glue from Beacon, and then sprinkling in Twinkle Flakes until the entire interior is covered. It looks a lot like glass with frost crystals on it.



See? No painting or sculpting involved in making these wonderful Christmas crafts. Just how I like it!

Thanks for stopping in,
Puna @ Enchanted Lake

2 comments: